Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Speaking of Propaganda...

As I watched the parade of various and sundry characters in Washington, D.C., on television over the weekend, I was suffering such on overdose of Hopey/Changey Speak that I reached into my desk drawer to refresh my memory on the subject.

I pulled forth my handy copy of Chairman Mao's "Little Red Book", opened it to the appropriate chapter and lo and behold it was just as I remembered it:

"The world is progressing, the future is bright and no one can change this general trend of history. We should carry on constant propaganda among the people on the facts of world progress and the bright future ahead so that they will build their confidence in victory."

"On the Chungking Negotiations" (October 17, 1945) Selected Works Vol. IV, p. 59

Now you know where the "Hope and Change" drumbeat came from to begin with. Nothing succeeds like success!

--END--

No comments:

Post a Comment